Phoene offers vocal coaching and lecturing in adult or further education establishments to students, semi – professionals, professionals to complete beginners.
Phoene also works with teachers and other voice users to optimise performance and confidence, providing either one off workshops or ongoing sessions with groups or individuals.
Phoene combines the skill of a singing teacher who has had 30 years of experience singing professionally, together with a solid training the anatomy and physiology of the voice (www.vocalprocess.co.uk) and the body (www.shiatsu.net and www.yogawithmarc.com).
Phoene utilises her skills as a music therapist in her teaching which allows a empathic and sensitive attunement and a spontaneous and pupil/client led approach, allowing for each unique individual to benefit greatly.
There is a charge of £65 for the initial consultation which will take 75 minutes and include an exploration of aims and objectives and then a one hour practical session.
At the end of the consultation you can decide if you want to continue with ongoing singing lessons at the cost of £50 per hour. Sometimes a one off session provides all that is needed for the pupil to solve particular vocal issues.
You may cancel or postpone appointments without charge as long as this is at least 24 hours before your lesson. Half the normal fee will be charged if less than 24-hour notice is given.
Phoene’s teaching experience includes:
- Teaching vocals and jazz improvisation at the Saturday Jazz school at Richmond Adult and Community College
- Vocal team leader for a London music service, managing a team of 8 teachers and teaching young people one to one at KS3 and whole class at KS2
- Running workshops in improvisation for beginners at the Landmark Arts Centre in Teddington
- Running vocal workshops at the CHORUS festival at the Southbank centre
- Lecturing on vocals on the BMus in Contemporary Music at the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in North London
- Lecturing on voice at the University of Surrey (Roehampton and Guildford campuses and St Mary’s College in Twickenham)
- Presenting on Singing & Health at conferences for the British Voice Association, Sense of Sound and Sidney de Haan research centre
- Voice tutor for music therapy students at Nordoff Robbins
- Teaching singing one to one for young people with mental health issues
- Vocal Coach for “The Totally Interactive Band Bible” published by www.jawbonepress.com
- Session singer and consultant for Rockschool’s vocal syllabus