The benefits of engaging the arts for wellbeing are well documented – the visual arts, arts therapies and participatory arts projects can assist with increasing wellbeing, improving environment and prevention of physical or mental illness.
For more information see http://www.artshealthandwellbeing.org.uk
Phoene can offer you her services as a consultant, lecturer and project manager for music & wellbeing within the community to research need and develop services for you, sourcing appropriate practitioners to deliver in the best capacity for your client group.
Phoene has links with wellbeing practitioners also, such as shiatsu, nutrition, massage, dance, yoga & gardening and nature
Phoene has extensive experience in creative and arts-based project management:
In her role as Head of Music Services, Phoene:
- Managed a team of 24 music therapists
- Carried out a considerable and considered strategic review
- Built infrastructure to support extensive service development
- Developed a strategy which broadened across and beyond the mainstream
- Doubled client numbers to the London centre & increased income generation
- Implemented service delivery to a variety of partnership organisations across the London region.
Nordoff Robbins is a national charity that delivers specialist music therapy and other music services to transform the lives of vulnerable people of all ages, all over the UK, in settings such as care homes, day centres, mainstream & SEND schools, prisons & hospitals
Phoene was employed by the London borough of Richmond upon Thames to develop and project manage a sensory garden for a Childrens’ Centre in the London Borough of Richmond of Thames.
This project had a six figure sum and was built and delivered by a collaborative partnership between the council, landscaper Benedict Green and a series of freelance artist-makers sourced by Phoene through the Arts Council:
- Saga Arpino – Exterior Glass Artist
- Nela Brown – Sound Artist
- Tom Hare – Willow Sculptures
- Fire and Iron – Tree Sculpture
- Joe Mellows – Wood Worker – Cedar Walls
- Bing Bang Bong – Sound sculptures.
Sound Connections employed Phoene as a music specialist embedding music in a childrens’ centre in Richmond.
Work included training early years practitioners to facilitate child-led music with the under 5’s, and developing a training programme for nursery school practitioners boroughwide.
At Richmond Music Trust, she set up and managed a team of eight singing teachers, was responsible for vocal strategy, including INSET’s for teachers. She also co-ran the annual primary school singing festival for over 1200 children as well as planning & co-ordinating whole class vocal wider opportunities termly programmes for upper primary.
- Agent’s assistant at the William Morris theatrical agency responsible for voice over, radio & repertory theatre bookings
- Production secretary at Hat Trick productions for “Round the Bend” and “This is David Lander”
- Assistant at A&M Records, providing temporary cover when required in administration, finance, press office, marketing and promotions, art & video departments