Phoene works to inspire others to see how music, voicework and bodywork can aid wellbeing and transform quality of life as a Community Music & Health Practitioner, Music & Health Consultant, Vocal Coach, Music Therapist, Shiatsu practitioner, Lecturer or Project Manager.
In April 2013 Phoene was invited onto a panel of distinguished practitioners at the SEMPRE Conference at the Sidney de Haan Research centre at the University of Folkestone. ‘Setting the Tempo’ – The need for a progressive research programme on Music Health and Wellbeing
In September 2013 Phoene was interviewed on BBC Radio 3’s “The Choir” about natural voice choirs.
Phoene regularly runs lectures and workshops on Music & Wellbeing at Imperial College in London with medical students with an interest in humanities.
Qualifications & Training
- BMus Hons (II.I) University of London (Goldsmiths College) 1995
- PG Diploma Music Therapy University of Surrey (Roehampton Institute) 1996
- Certificate in Music Teaching to Adults University of London (Goldsmiths College) 2000
- Diploma in the Theory & Practice of Shiatsu European Shiatsu School (London Branch) 2008
- Vocal Process Core & Advanced voice training 2003, 2008, 2013
- Pulse singing training with Mary King at the Southbank centre 2010
For more details, download my CV (PDF).